Meet a top Showaround local - Stefania from Milan
1. Could you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Hello, I'm Stefania, born in the south of Italy but raised in the North and in love with Milan since forever :)
I used to work in the field of employment and training. Last year I was an English, Arts and History teacher for children. Now I work as a private teacher and also help as a local guide in Milan, thanks to Showaround.
2. Tell us about your favorite place in Milan. What is special about it?
Milano is amazing because you can be surprised to see how the city can be different based on the area you are exploring. I don’t really have a favorite place, because it depends on what I'm going to do at the time. But I love Sempione Park especially, I walk there with my dog. And Moscova area is great to grab something to drink in the evening .
3. What’s one thing that visitors can find surprising when coming to Milan for the first time?
Tourists would be surprised to see that Milano is full of historical spots. I think it's underrated sometimes, because people see it as a place for just fun, fashion or business, but in reality these small stress, so charming and elegant, will have your heart!
4. If you had to choose a song that gives off the vibe of Milan, what song would it be?
A song for Milan probably Come Milano by Ghali, version of 2014.
5. What’s the one place that you would definitely recommend every traveler to check out?
An area not to lose and often unknown is Brera.
6. On the other hand, is there a popular tourist place that you would actually recommend travelers skip?
I wouldn't skip anything but maybe Piazza Affari.
7. Finish these sentences about Milan:
- I’ve had the tastiest coffee at Caffè Napoli and best cappuccino at Pasticceria Cucchi.
- The best place to grab lunch is Salumaio di Montenapoleone.
- On weekends I love spending my time at Just Cavalli club.
- The best spot for pictures/selfies would be on a rooftop like Milan Me il Duca rooftop, Ceresio 10, The Dome, the Roof or nice, fancy restaurants for the fashion vibes of the city.
- If I wanted to relax, I would go to QC terme spa in Milan or Sempione Park, just laying down on the grass.
- The best time to visit Milan is September/October or spring, April/May.
8. How did you discover Showaround?
A person on another travel app suggested me Showaround.
9. Tell us about your best Showaround experience.
I have so many beautiful experiences, but it’s especially nice when you become friends with your guests and then you visit them in their own country.
10. Do you have any tips for other locals who are just starting out?
Be really passionate about your city and fall in love with it before you let someone else do the same! Explore, be curious and friendly.
Book a tour with Stefania