1. To start with, could you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I'm an industrial engineer and I also work in hospitality sector. That's why I have experiences, front and back, with customer service.
My biggest passion is dance and music and I am actually a Zumba instructor. I have talent for all dance but I am mainly into Latin dance. My other hobbies are travel, swimming and fashion. I love being active in my life. That's why I am happy to be a part of Showaround and meet new people and learn about other cultures :)
2. Tell us about your favorite place in Istanbul and Dubai. What is special about it?
My favorite place in Istanbul is Bebek (beautiful neighbourhood on the European side of the Bosphorus strait). It's most colorful and elegant, with great sea view.
My favorite place in Dubai is JBR (Jumeirah Beach Residence). It has the most beautiful sea view, cool beach and there's always musical events there. JBR is the most famous touristic place in Dubai. You can find everything in there, best restaurants, malls, do sea activities. You can simply enjoy a full day there.
Personally I love sea views. Wherever I go, I always prefer places which have a great view of the sea. The other important thing for me when showing travelers around is taking them to non-ordinary places. That's because people love to see hidden places when they go somewhere. It's easy to find any ordinary place via google maps.
3. What’s one thing that visitors can find surprising when coming to Istanbul and Dubai for the first time?
In Istanbul, it would be how delicious the food is! I always get feedback from travelers about how Turkish cuisine is the most delicious and it has such a rich menu. All foreign people should try Turkish cuisine at least once when visit my country. There's Kebab, Doner, Simit, Kumbir, Lahmacun, seafood and of course our desserts, such as baklava, künefe, Turkish delight! :) They are so delicious everyone should really try them, otherwise visitors could have regrets.
In Dubai, it's how amazing the desert tour is. You know, Dubai is the most fancy country in the world. But the desert tour is an adventure, more enjoyable and natural. At the same time you get chance to try local food and see local dance show during the night time. It is an amazing activity for the visitors!
4. If you had to choose a song that gives off the vibe of Istanbul and Dubai, what song would it be?
I love this question :) I mentioned that I am into music and dance!
For Istanbul it's Tarkan - Kiss Kiss! Tarkan is a pop star in the world and many people know him :)
And as for Dubai, Hussain Al Jassmi - Boshret Kheir! This is a very old but very famous song in the Arab countries! People start dancing when they hear this song also I myself love it very much!
5. What’s the one place that you would definitely recommend every traveler to check out?
I highly recommend everyone to visit the Princess Island! It's hidden gem in my country and a more natural, yet touristic place with amazing sea views. At the same time you can find delicious Turkish food there!
6. Finish these sentences about Istanbul and Dubai:
- I’ve had the tastiest coffee at Karaköy in Turkey / Marina in Dubai
- The best place to grab lunch is Kuruçeşme in Turkey/ Souk Jumeirah in Dubai
- On weekends I love spending my time at Bebek in Turkey / Palm in Dubai
- The best spot for pictures/selfies would be Sultanahmet in Turkey / JBR in Dubai
- If I wanted to relax, I would go to Nişantaşı in Turkey / Safari tour in Dubai
- The best time to visit Istanbul on May-October / October- May for Dubai
8. How did you discover Showaround?
I am into travel and that's why I was thinking of becoming a travel blogger :) I think I am the right person for that. I had experience in back and front office and then my friend recommended this application.
I was glad to discover Showaround. I met a lot of people so far from all around the world and I had an amazing time with them. Now I am a very famous tour guide in Turkey, I have connections everywhere and many travelers forward their friends to me! This is an amazing thought for me!
9. Tell us about your best Showaround experience.
I have been a tour guide for 3 years and I always got offers from travelers. One time I was actually unavailable due to my other work, but the visitors arranged their schedules according to mine. They said that they had been to Turkey and Dubai many times before but they hadn't enjoyed it as much as they did with me. This is an amazing compliment for me and I will never forget this. It makes me feel that I am connected with the world and it's a priceless experience for me :)
10. Do you have any tips for other locals who are just starting out?
Sure, always be honest and straight with people and try to do your best for them :) I really believe that you get what you give! This is my motto :)
Book a tour with Nil.